I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy 20,000 Blue Jersey!



Blue Jersey just posted its 20,000th diary, a remarkable accomplishment. Let me be the first to say congratulations!

I've been writing at BJ for a while now, but haven't really played up my connection, which is a mistake on my part. Being a part of the community at BJ has really helped me sharpen my writing and strengthen my political chops. BJ has a great stable of featured writers, and the regular diarists and commenters are a smart, savvy set.

Blue Jersey would be nothing were it not for Rosi Efthim, a true force of nature. Her tireless work has made the site the premiere destination for progressive opinion in the Garden State. You'd probably be surprised at the amount of work that goes into BJ, and most of it is hers; we all owe her a bundle.

I try to do a few pieces a week for BJ that are separate from my usual screeds here at JJ. And BJ remains the home of "Ed Reform 101," a concise reference for fighting back against the (ebbing?) tide of corporate education reform. Although most of it is under my name, it was a true team project between me, Rosi, and Kendal James, another great writer at BJ.

So Happy 20,000, Blue Jersey; you don't look a day over 10,000!

Happy 20,000 Blue Jersey!

No comments: