I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. - Chris Christie, "An Open Letter to the Teachers of NJ" October, 2009

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ready, aim, FIRE!

Everybody's talking about the pros and cons of firing tenured teachers!

Rutgers Professors! School lawyers! Wonks! Evil teachers unions! Education commissioners! Pundits! Governors! 

Yes, if we want to save our schools, we'd better figure out how to get rid of bad teachers who have tenure! Because we have so many! It says so right here...

Hold on, I'll find it...

Still looking....

Hmm - not much there. I wonder - is this really a problem? Do we have huge numbers of bad teachers who have tenure and/or seniority?

Unlike the Christie administration and the media, I'm just asking the question...

(Updated to make clearer - the links above don't necessarily endorse changing tenure and seniority, I'm just pointing out what a hot topic it is lately.)

No comments: